1 Updates
Police called to Simon Cowell's home

Police called to Simon Cowell's home

Nov 26 2012, 5:28pm CST | by

Police were called to Simon Cowell's Los Angeles home yesterday after a prank caller claimed he was being held hostage

Police were called to Simon Cowell's home after a prank hostage situation was reported. Los Angeles police were called to 'The X Factor' USA judge's Beverly Hills estate yesterday (25.11.12) after...

Filed under: news

YouTube Videos

 
 
 

1 year ago

Police called to Simon Cowell's home

Nov 26 2012, 5:28pm CST | by

Police were called to Simon Cowell's Los Angeles home yesterday after a prank caller claimed he was being held hostage

Police were called to Simon Cowell's home after a prank hostage situation was reported.
Los Angeles police were called to 'The X Factor' USA judge's Beverly Hills estate yesterday (25.11.12) after receiving an emergency call from an unidentified source claiming he was duct taped and being held hostage.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the female caller claimed the 53-year-old music mogul was bound and gagged in the bathroom of his sprawling mansion.
Officers believe the call was a prank after they responded in force but found no evidence of a crime.
Simon is said to have been home during the incident and assured police he was fine.
The incident is the latest in a string of celebrity swattings this year - a deliberate attempt to trick an emergency service into dispatching a response team.
Other victims have included Ashton Kutcher, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.
Hoax burglaries were reported at both Justin and Ashton's home last month, which reportedly cost the taxpayers of Los Angeles more than £6,000 ($10,000) each in wasted police manpower and other resources.
Officers were called to Miley's home in August after a caller claimed her home had been broken in to but when they arrived at the scene, they discovered it was empty.

 

Don't miss ...

 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Want a perfect selfie? Try this 'perfume bottle'
New York, Aug 23 (IANS) For fashion-loving teenage girls who enjoy taking selfies but do not want the world to see, Sony has launched a unique perfume bottle-look camera that can be a perfect bag accessory.
 
 
Talk to celebrities at Emmy Awards with Facebook app
New York, Aug 23 (IANS) Facebook has teamed up with entertainment show "Access Hollywood" to launch an app that will connect fans with their favourite celebrities in real time during the 66th Emmy Awards nights Aug 25.
 
 
Cuban fishermen discover ancient artifacts
Havana, Aug 23 (IANS) Fishermen in Cuba's Pinar del Rio province have discovered artifacts believed to be from a 17th or 18th century shipwreck.
 
 
Family top priority for Celine Dion
Los Angeles, Aug 23 (IANS) Singer Celine Dion has cancelled all her work engagements indefinitely to stay by her ailing 72-year-old spouse Rene Angelil's side, and to support their sons as family always comes first for her.
 
 
 

Latest from the Network

Two IS militants arrested in Morocco
Rabat, Aug 23 (IANS) Two Islamic State (IS) militants, who were planning to leave for training camps in Syria and Iraq, were arrested in Morocco, the interior ministry said. The two have connections with foreign...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Want a perfect selfie? Try this 'perfume bottle'
New York, Aug 23 (IANS) For fashion-loving teenage girls who enjoy taking selfies but do not want the world to see, Sony has launched a unique perfume bottle-look camera that can be a perfect bag accessory. The Cyber-...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Talk to celebrities at Emmy Awards with Facebook app
New York, Aug 23 (IANS) Facebook has teamed up with entertainment show "Access Hollywood" to launch an app that will connect fans with their favourite celebrities in real time during the 66th Emmy Awards nights Aug 25...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
WHO to unveil response plan for Ebola
United Nations, Aug 23 (IANS) The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said it will unveil a response plan to deal with the current Ebola virus outbreak in west Africa. "The WHO has announced that it is working on a...
Read more on Business Balla
 
Cuban fishermen discover ancient artifacts
Havana, Aug 23 (IANS) Fishermen in Cuba's Pinar del Rio province have discovered artifacts believed to be from a 17th or 18th century shipwreck. The "important marine archaeological find" was recently discovered off...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Bangladesh shot out for 77, West Windies win series
St.George's (Grenada), Aug 23 (IANS/CMC) Spinner Sunil Narine triggered an avalanche of batsmen as Bangladesh crashed to a 177-run defeat allowing West Indies to take 2-0 lead in their three-match One Day International...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Narine warns against taking Bangladesh lightly
St. George's (Grenada), Aug 23 (IANS/CMC) West Indies off spinner Sunil Narine has cautioned against taking Bangladesh lightly following his side's crushing 177-run victory in the second One-Day International (ODI)...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Nearly 200,000 killed since start of Syrian crisis: UN
United Nations, Aug 23 (IANS) The UN high commissioner for human rights, Navi Pillay, Friday said that more than 191,000 people have been killed in Syria between March 2011 and April 2014, saying that the ongoing...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Atletico Madrid beat Real to lift Spanish Supercup
Madrid, Aug 23 (IANS) Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the second leg of the competition in the Vicente Calderon Stadium Friday night. Following a 1-1...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Hamas attack kills boy in Israel
Jerusalem, Aug 23 (IANS) A four-year-old boy was killed Friday evening by a mortar attack on southern Israel by Hamas, authorities said. The child was killed when a mortar barrage launched from the Gaza Strip hit a...
Read more on Politics Balla