Mar 1 2014, 5:28pm CST | by Bang Showbiz
Drake has parted ways with his his PR team.
The 'Hold On, We're Going Home' hitmaker was allegedly dropped by his representatives at ID-PR, shortly after complaining about being ditched from the cover of Rolling Stone magazine in favor of the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.
A source told Billboard.com that the firm, which handled publicity for his third album 'Nothing Was The Same,' as well as his current Would You Like A Tour? which wraps in London on March 26, initiated the split after the 27-year-old star posted a series of furious tweets, which have since been deleted, about the magazine's decision not to feature him on the cover after the 'Capote' star's tragic death from an apparent heroin overdose last month.
He later added: "I'm done doing interviews for magazines. I just want to give my music to the people. That's the only way my message gets across accurately."
Another source told the New York Post's Page Six that the rapper's comments were "the last straw," as he previously had a lot of drama behind-the-scenes with ID-PR and allegedly hadn't shown up for several other magazine shoots and TV appearances the firm had arranged.
The source said: "It's a shame that someone with so much talent is surrounded by kids who are burning bridges left and right."
The insider also claimed he had issues with Hollywood agency ICM Partners and another of his former firms, The Chamber Group, in the past.
A spokesperson for ID-PR told RadarOnline.com: "Drake is an incredibly talented artist, and we're proud of our results for [his new album] 'Nothing Was the Same' and Would You Like a Tour? We wish him the best."
Source: Bang Showbiz
BANG Showbiz is the world's premier entertainment news agency providing the most exciting celebrity news to online, print and broadcast media outlets across the globe.
blog comments powered by Disqus