Sep 4 2013, 11:28am CDT | by Bang Showbiz
The 'Modern Family' star reportedly earned a whopping $30 million between June 2012 and June 2013, from both her role on the hit sitcom and numerous endorsement deals, which is more than double the income of her closest rival, 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' actress Mariska Hargitay.
The Colombian beauty is thought to have commanded big bucks from mega-deals with companies including Diet Pepsi and Kmart due to her popularity in Latin America, a growing market in the business world.
Sofia, 38, has her own clothing line with supermarket chain Kmart - for which she was paid a staggering $7 million advance - as well as deals with the soft drinks company, furniture chain Rooms to Go, cosmetics brand Covergirl, Comcast, State Farm Insurance and more.
The brunette beauty's $30 million windfall puts her comfortably ahead of Mariska, 49, who earned $11 million over the last year, according to financial magazine Forbes.
Reality TV stars, the Kardashian sisters, Kim, Kourtney and Khloe - who are considered actresses by Forbes for the purposes of the list - come in fourth place with $10 million between them, but they share the position with 'Grey's Anatomy' leading lady Ellen Pompeo, 'The Heat' star Melissa McCarthy, '30 Rock' creator-and-actress Tina Fey and former reality TV star Bethenny Frankel.
Sofia topped the list in 2012 with earnings of $17 million, making her $30 million payday all the more impressive.
Forbes Highest paid TV Actresses (Forbes.com):
1. Sofia Vergara - $30 million
2. Mariska Hargitay and Kaley Cuoco - $11 million
3. Kardashians, Ellen Pompeo, Melissa McCarthy, Bethenny Frankel and Tina Fey - $10 million
4. Cobie Smulders - $9 million
5. Alyson Hannigan - $8 million
6. Amy Poehler and Julianna Margulies - $7 million
7. Lena Dunham, Zooey Deschanel and Courteney Cox - $6 million
8. Whitney Cummings - $5 million
9. Mindy Kaling - $4 million
10. Kerry Washington - $3 million
Source: Bang Showbiz
blog comments powered by Disqus