Dec 27 2012, 12:13pm CST | by Luigi Lugmayr
The 'Hold It Against Me' singer - who acted as a judge on the second series of the FOX reality TV show alongside Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid - is reportedly unlikely to have her contract renewed after disappointing producers with her "low energy" and providing "boring" feedback to contestants.
A source told US Weekly magazine, that the 31-year-old mother-of-two - who was on a one year $15 million contract and whose act Carly Rose made it to this season's grand final - is facing the axe just weeks after music producer and record label boss L.A. Reid announced he won't be returning next year.
The source said Simon Cowell was especially let down by Britney's attitude on the panel, saying: "He wanted crazy Britney, but he got boring Britney."
Meanwhile, Britney's personal relationship with fiance Jason Trawick is also reportedly on the rocks.
A friend said: "They are pulling away from each other. Unless things change, they will split for good."
Sources previously claimed that 'The X Factor' producers were eager to dramatically reduce the show's budget next season and felt they could not justify paying Britney $15 million again in light of the show's disappointing ratings.
The source said: "Producers were hoping to pull in between 15-20 million viewers but the show hasn't reached those expectations and in a recent episode that clashed with the World Series only 5.7 million watched.
"Those numbers add up to cost cutting and Britney will be expendable. So, considering Fox has already renewed 'The X Factor' for a third season, producers will be looking to spend less on the production of the show, including the judges' salaries.
"Britney, who was signed on a one-year deal, is the first person who will be expected to have her salary chopped. She is on a $15 million contract, which is absurd given that there's been no huge surge in the ratings."
Source: Bang Showbiz
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.
blog comments powered by Disqus